Friday, December 5, 2008


I am going to be taking a part of Design Hope Toronto. http://www.designhopetoronto.ca/ I am really looking forward to interpreting the theme of shelter with my work. I think I will work with found pieces -paper, paint chips, pieces of wallpaper and wrapping paper and make an image of shelter with them. This will resemble so many make shift homes I see downtown each day. What about homeless people that must bring all their belongings with them everywhere each day because they have no place to put them? Maybe I will think more about that.


All this is very good for me. Focusing on helping others somehow makes my troubles so meaningless by comparison to those in real need. I never thought that I would be altruistic. But I'm not; it's just somehow a circle of helping yourself through helping others.

No comments: